Ibua Journal has commenced it’s call for its Ibua 2020 Continental Call themed Bold: Imagining a New Africa.
It is known that the media is awash with Western narratives of Africa Rising, but Ibua journal is keen to see the imaginations of this Continent’s people through this Call.
So that by this call, they make it possible for the people and Continent to express their hopes and desires for the continent. These expressions can be shown in the Short Story or Poetry categories.
Writers are to learn how to channel everything happening around them into their creative works.
All submissions should be set in an African country, city or village.
The Ibua Journal is an online magazine of literary fiction, poetry, memoirs, essays, critical review, and features by writers living in the African continent. We provide African writers with a regular platform for sharing their stories with the world.
Benefits for Submitting for Ibua 2020 Continental call
- The winning story and poemwill receive a cash prize of $300 and $100 respectively.
- The Shortlisted stories and poems will receive $100 and $50 respectively. The shortlist is a total of 5 per category.
- All Long-listed stories and poems will be published in the anthologyBold: Imagining a New Africa (E-book) and in the Ibua Journal.
How to Submit for Ibua 2020 Continental call.
- Only one submission can be entered per author per category (Short story or Poem).
- Submissions should be inMicrosoft Word Format as follows: Font: Calibri Light; Font Size 12; Line Spacing 5.
- Submissions must be previously unpublished and in the English language.
- Submissions should includeBold: Imagining a New Africa on the cover page.
- Writers must be living in any African country.
- Writers should be 18 years and above.
Note: The submission deadline Sunday 8th November 2020.
Terms and Conditions
- The editors have a right to accept or reject any
- The organizersreview window runs for 30 days from the close of submission.
- Long listed submissions (10 per Category) will undergo further revision if necessary. All writersare encouraged to keep an open mind during this Editorial process.
- A short list will be determined from the Final submissions at the end of the Editorial process. Short-listed stories and poems (5 per category) will receive a Cash Prize.
- Submissions are only acceptedthrough the web submission portal: